Since 2005 Experts Connection for
Business, has been connecting professionals with experts on a variety of current
business topics via webinars.Topics are presented with
an eye to the practical, rather than theoretical, offering you
the ability to begin to implement the ideas as soon as the presentation
is over. The webinars are formatted
and timed to include your questions following the
LANDING POSITIONS IN PRIVATE EQUITY
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM Eastern, 11:00 AM -12:30 PM Pacific, 1:00 PM-2:30 PM Central
Guest Speaker: Mike Lorelli, Operating Partner, Falconhead Capital, Executive Chairman, Rita's Franchise Company
Can't make the date? Purchase includes access to live presentation PLUS the
recording to watch & listen at your convenience.
Class Description: Private Equity is an attractive, invigorating and potentially lucrative career choice, particularly for professionals with good, traditional, corporate underpinning. And today there are 1700 private equity firms in the U.S. alone. How do you best position yourself and target a practical short list out of those 1700?
Mike Lorelli will take you inside the world of private equity for a first-hand look at what resonates with these firms. Learn how they evaluate talent for their portfolio companies. Creating the right impression when you first meet a private equity team is crucial to securing a role. Learn what you should expect from the interview process...the interview questions you will likely be asked, and how to communicate your skills and experience effectively?
In this 90 minute session you will learn:
- The "Cliff Notes" review of the private equity model...what's in it for the investors, the PE firm, and the executives who participate in the PE firm itself, or one of their portfolio companies.
- How does the PE firm create value and how is that reflected in the 'temperament' of people they would like to recruit
- What are the key positions
- Who are the key players to target (hint...it is not necessarily the ones making the big headlines)
- Three key strategies for marketing yourself to private equity
- Tactics for each of the core 3 strategies; including important PE career sites and recruiters
- The importance of the right LinkedIn profile
About the Speaker: Mike Lorelli has operated in the private equity sector for the past 15 years, following a corporate career which included being a PepsiCo division president, twice. He has led successful engagements as CEO for portfolio companies of Rutledge Capital, Pouschine Cook, and Riverside Company. Dr. John Rutledge has said "I would invade China alone with Mike in a rubber boat." Today, Mike is an Operating Partner with Falconhead Capital, and Executive Chairman of Rita's Franchise Company, one of their portfolio businesses. He is also on boards of CP Kelco, iClontrol, and Axxune.